Case Study: Mountain Crest Gardens
Using the power of BigCommerce and the beautiful palate of the MCG products, we’ve created a stunning and adaptable website that is continuously being improved through customer data and our expert’s industry insights.
UX Research & Prototyping
Custom App Development
Custom BigCommerce Theme Development
AWS Infrastructure Management
Average Page Time
24 Month Revenue
24 Month AOV
24 Month Transactions
The Path to Purchase
- We reduced the number of clicks from first impression to order confirmation.
- Users can purchase directly from the category view and see a clean preview of their cart contents without navigating to the cart.
Making Choices Easier
Given the complex nature of the product, we found that many customers struggled to narrow their browsing experience down from the navigation menu with all the scientific names.
Making use of a mega menu with images on hover has helped make this process much easier for each browser.
- Custom Mega Menu
- Sub-Category Hover Images
- Lazy Loaded Images for Performance Optimization
Modernizing the Approach
Before & After Photos
Here are just a couple before and after photos. The home page has transformed into a rich colorful table of contents with a clear hierarchy and more thought given to the order of each element and its representation.
The product pages now have star ratings and a more intuitive wishlist experience. The product details have been reworked to help provide all the very in-depth plant specifications in an easily digestible format that is also aesthetically pleasing.
- Mountain Crest Gardens stressed that many repeat customers know the plants they want to order and thus never need to view the product detail pages.
- In this refresh we included add to cart buttons on the category pages with quantity selectors to help speed up this repeat buying process and reduce clicks.