In light of escalating security and deliverability concerns, Gmail and Yahoo are implementing new requirements for email senders, particularly those engaged in bulk email communications.
We aim to keep you informed and up-to-date on the latest developments so you can continue your success in deliverability. So let’s talk about it!
What's Changing for your Email Service Provider (ESP)
Both Gmail and Yahoo are effectively changing best practices into mandatory protocols by implementing stringent email authentication requirements that enhance security and reduce spam. The changes safeguard users from fraudulent messages, ensuring that only authenticated emails reach their inboxes.
Key Points to Note:
- Email Authentication: If you've authenticated your emails, be sure to publish a DMARC policy for your sending domain in your DNS settings. This step is crucial for better deliverability and security.
- Custom Domain Usage: Sending from a domain you own is necessary for brand recognition and professionalism. It will also help you avoid spam filters.
- Legacy Authentication: If you don’t have your own domain, you will need to get one for email authentication.
What Sender Requirements Mean for You:
Google and Yahoo want to provide their users with an improved inbox experience and promote responsible email practices among senders. This is great news for your clients who will see a reduction in junk emails, and give your authenticated emails more opportunity to shine (as long as you adapt accordingly).
Steps to Prepare:
- Email Authentication: Implement SPF, DKIM, or DMARC protocols for your domain.
- Simplify Unsubscribing: Provide a one-click unsubscribe option in your emails, respecting requests within two days.
- Monitor Spam Rates: Your spam complaint rate should be below 0.1% for consistent deliverability (the high-risk threshold is 0.3%).
The best way to reduce spam rates is by redefining your targeting strategies, creating personalized content, and continuously monitoring feedback from your recipients. You can also use Google Postmaster Tools to find vital insights into your email domain’s performance.
How Can Arctic Leaf Assist with Email Deliverability?
We're here to support you with this transition! These updates are necessary to maintain email deliverability and security, and our team is equipped to guide you through authentication setup, compliance, and best practices to ensure your emails continue to reach their intended audience.
If you’re interested in discovering more about the ways Arctic Leaf can support you, reach out to one of our Solutions Specialists at email@example.com today for more information!